Small glimpses into my life with odd, but fun, children.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Talkin' Turkey

Some idiocy drove me to be craving turkey, so today I decided to cook a whole one. The kids have been asking me when the turkey would be done since a few minutes after it went in the oven, so, now that it's almost finished, they're climbing the walls waiting to eat. First my 7 yr old tried to talk me into letting her have some before it was done cooking, and I explained that we have to make sure it's the right temperature, or everyone could get sick, so she said, "but the SKIN is done! Can we eat the skin?" Next I explained that after the turkey is the right temperature, we have to let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes before we can cut it, at which point my 4 yr old looked at me like I'd gone insane and said, "Mommy, the turkey is DEAD! It doesn't need to rest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment