Small glimpses into my life with odd, but fun, children.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Naked Parents

Every Christmas my mother-in-law decides that she has to buy me some great makeup kit that she's found for like $5 on a discount shelf at walmart, so I let the kids use that stuff when they want to (which isn't very often). This morning my 4 yr old walked into the room I was in; she was naked and proudly showing off some makeup she'd put on all by herself, and informed me that she'd also helped her 2 yr old brother look the same. Right then the 2 yr old, also naked, walked into the room showing off his wonderful makeup, which looked like it'd been applied by a drunk clown school dropout.

I guess I made a weird face about his new look, because my 4 yr old and I ended up having the following conversation:

4 yr old: We're pretending to be parents. I'm the mommy and he's the daddy!

me: do you notice that daddy doesn't wear lipstick?

4 yr old: THIS daddy does!

me: ok... but you must have noticed that Daddy and I wear clothing, right?

4 yr old: That's YOU - WE are naked parents.



at that point they both left the room to apply more makeup and nail polish.

A little bit later the 4 yr old wandered back in to inform me that I'm not the best parent I could be, because I don't run around the house naked. I told her that I guess I'll never get any better then, and she gave up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment