Small glimpses into my life with odd, but fun, children.

Tuesday, November 1, 2005

You Didn't SEE Me!

Ah, the fun of trying not to laugh at kids...

I told my 4 yr old that if she ate all of her lunch (half of a turkey pot pie), she could have a piece of Halloween candy. She was excited about the idea, but after a bite or two she gave up eating to watch me clean the house, and to sit on my lap while I played a computer game. Around 2 PM she climbed off my lap and quietly walked into the kitchen. Her departure was followed by the following sounds: scraping, a bag rustling, and a dish being put in the sink. About 10 seconds later, she appeared at my side, with a huge smile on her face...


4 yr old: There! I finished my lunch and you said I could have some candy!

Me: Yeah... you scraped your bowl into the garbage, and you are trying to trick me.

4 yr old: *shocked look* You didn't SEE me, so how do you know?

Me: so you didn't do that?

4 yr old: *deer in headlights look* I wouldn't! You didn't SEE me!

Me: Alright, then I'm going to walk in there and SEE

4 yr old: No! You can't! It won't be right! Don't do that!


I walked into the kitchen and she grabbed the garbage bag then showed it to me - on the top of the bag was what appeared to be half of a turkey pot pie...


4 yr old: I should have told you, my brother threw HIS away!

Me: Your brother didn't get any.

4 yr old: Oh, you just didn't KNOW he got some!

Me: Nice try, but you still don't get any candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment